After retiring from a large national accounting firm, John joined BSB as a director in 2021 and was promoted to partner in January 2022. With more than 30 years of experience in public accounting, he brings extensive knowledge to the team. Throughout his career, John has assisted clients of various types in achieving their goals.
As an advisor to private company owners and managers, John has experience from planning stages to sale of business, focusing on state nexus, retirement plans, and operational improvement through accounting system design, budgeting, and long-term planning. He is a multiple year recipient of “Super CPA” designation by Virginia Business Magazine. When not assisting clients or spending time with his family in Williamsburg, he enjoys all things outdoors, especially golf.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Business Entity Selection
- Business Succession Planning
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Management Advisory
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- B.B.A., Accounting, Radford University
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants